Play any video format without requiring additional codecs.Antony Peel
We are sure that you know the open source multimedia player VLC. It is a free application that allows you to play any video and audio format, without having to download and install other additional codecs. VLC Media Player provides the security that you will be able to play the video of your choice, even if you don't have the codecs installed on your computer, because it contains its own pack of codecs. VLC is a safe bet.
Why choose VLC Media Player?
- Compatible with multiple video and audio formats: DivX, H.264 / MPEG-4 AVC, Cinepak, Sorenson 1/3 (Quicktime), DV (Digital Video), WMV, MP3, AAC, FLAC, Wavpack, MIDI, DV Audio, or REAL AUDIO.
- You won't have to download additional codecs.
- Support for various subtitle codecs to watch your videos in the original version.
- Recognizes various audio channels in the videos.
- Allows you to open videos downloaded incompletely.
- Streaming client and server to be able to play videos from the Internet.
- You can apply filters to the videos: mirror effect, rotate the image, image distortion, etc.
Simple, powerful and quick.
VLC is very easy to use, with a simple and intuitive interface that will make things easier for the user. What's more, to adapt the player to your own liking, you will be able to customize the interface, changing the buttons or selecting some preset profile.
With VLC you will be able to play your DVD collection, that last video that you have downloaded from the Internet, or the trailer of your favorite movie. All from a single application and for free. Download VLC Media Player and enjoy your multimedia contents.
New in the latest version
- Several bugs fixed.
- Problems in the decoding of Speex, WMV3, Alac and AVI formats corrected.
- Windows installer improved and translations updated.
VLC Android Beta
The best multimedia player, also on Android
VLC iPhone 2.1.3
One of the best video players available for iPhone