The most stable multimedia player
As you probably already know, there are plenty of multimedia players out there: DivX Player, SMPlayer, BSplayer, KMPlayer… We can imagine that the hardest part has to with differentiating and standing out from the rest of the competition. That's exactly what VLC Media Player manages to do.
The most stable and versatile player
And it has managed to do so precisely because it's one of the most stablest players around: it plays almost anything. Basically thanks to the fact that it comes along with its own codecs, so you won't have to search around the Internet looking for additional packages.
If VLC can't play it, that's because the file is broken.
Why VLC and not any other player?
The reasons to choose this player and not any other can be found in its list of features:
- Compatible with many different audio and video formats: DivX, H.264 / MPEG-4 AVC, Cinepak, Sorenson 1/3 (Quicktime), DV (Digital Video), WMV, MP3, AAC, FLAC, Wavpack, MIDI, DV Audio, or REAL AUDIO.
- No need to download additional codecs.
- Supports different subtitle formats.
- Plays incomplete videos.
- Comes along with a streaming server and client to play videos on the Internet.
- Allows you to apply filters to videos to generate different effects, distort images and much more.
In turn, you'll come across a sober interface with no frills or complicated designs that will make you waste time searching for any other program function. Here everything is in the right place so that you don't have to worry about the player, but only the content.
New in the latest version
- Correction of bugs found in Windows XP and in certain audio files.
- Codec updates.
- Solves security problems when playing QuickTime files.
- Minor improvements to the user interface.
The best multimedia player, also on Android
VLC iPhone 2.7.8
One of the best video players available for iPhone